What is Saline Tattoo Removal?
We perform tattoo removal with a natural saline solution, called Li-FT. It is implanted over existing permanent makeup or small tattoos using a machine and needles, or manual tools with needles. Implanting the solution into the skin breaks up the healed pigment, and begins to lift the pigment out of the skin by osmosis. The pigment pulls toward the surface of the skin thanks to the saline solution, and becomes a scab. The scab then falls off and leaves a lightened tattoo.
Who is NOT a candidate?
● People taking blood thinners/bleeding disorders may bleed lightly during this procedure and should consult with a doctor before proceeding.
● People with skin irritations near the area such as sunburn, severe acne, eczema or psoriasis would be extremely sensitive to the procedure and it will be painful, resulting in poor retention. If they have this issue when they come in for an appointment they will have to reschedule for when their skin returns to normal.
● People using acids, anti-aging, acne and retinol products - These will make them bleed more and make them very sensitive. These should be stopped at least 2 weeks prior to the appointment.
● People who have used accutane within last year - This compromises the skin and therefore makes it unsuitable for tattooing.
● People with a history of keloid scarring - It’s possible they would be candidates, assuming they’ve had tattoos with no evidence of keloiding. Advise them as with any injury, it’s possible they could develop keloiding.
● People will uncontrolled auto-immune deficiencies - Lupus, Alopecia, etc. They typically have less than average retention if they’re not in the best health. Make sure they are healthy before proceeding to ensure the best heal.
● Pregnant women - We do not work on pregnant women or women who think they might be pregnant due to the chance of an infection during after care which could harm the baby or cause pregnancy complications.
● Chemotherapy patients will need to wait until their treatment is complete and they are healthy.
Tattoo Removal - $150 per session